JDA Worldwide is looking for an mid-level, multi-disciplined copywriter to join our creative team in our Carmel, IN office.
This role is responsible for crafting various language used to convey thoughts, concepts, strategies, and content that further the agenda of our clients and our agency network. The copywriter must be fluent in the English language and have a strong grasp of linguistics, word-association, and grammar. The copywriter will work closely with the Design Director, Producer, and Account team; reporting directly to the EVP of Creative and having numerous interactions with all members of the creative team.
Note to Applicants: This particular role of Copywriter is, in essence, a jack-of-all-trades. We are looking for a flexible writer who can seamlessly switch between content forms; equally exited to be writing material ranging from ad copy to long-form web content, in addition to editing and proof reading. The agency is fast-paced, and the workload is ever changing. A self-confident, well-rounded writer eager to produce any and all content will flourish here.
- Bachelor’s or portfolio degree in related field: Journalism, English, Communication, ad school, etc.
- 5+ years experience in the agency, brand, or communication realm
- A diverse writing portfolio that showcases a refined style and voice across a variety of project types and mediums
- Demonstrable knowledge of brand, brand systems, advertising, and marketing strategy
- Eager to continue expanding knowledge to include thoughts, concepts, and strategies critical to our clients
- Responsible for becoming the external voice of the agency
- Responsible for the day-to-day fulfillment of a variety of copy needs
- Responsible for the editing and proofing of client or agency deliverables
- Responsible for becoming a pseudo-expert in relation to becoming the voice of our clients
Approximate Responsibility Breakdown:
- Short-form content 30%
- Long-form content 10%
- Ad writing 20%
- Proofing and Editing 20%
- Social Writing 10%
- Naming and Brand Nomenclature Development 10%
- Effective communicator
- Relentless work ethic
- Self-motivated and proactive
- Team first mentality
- Mentally tough
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.
Pay Range: Industry competitive
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Beautiful offices and locations (Atlanta, Indianapolis, Colorado Springs, Traverse City, St. Simons Island)