JDA Worldwide is looking for a mid-level, multi-disciplined WordPress Developer to join our creative/production team in our Carmel, IN office. Please note that this is not a remote position.
Note to Applicants
The developer must be flexible in approach and equally comfortable juggling multiple projects with shorter than desired timelines. The developer must understand the critical nature of an all-in mentality and a whatever-it-takes attitude will be critical to success. The developer will be given the opportunity to continue to shape and enhance our development capabilities.
- 6+ years of experience in a development field and/or position
- 3+ years of Front-End Development experience, specifically in WordPress
- Agency experience is a plus
- Extensive knowledge of web platforms, theming, and transition from design to web
- Adequate knowledge of testing websites across multiple browsers for a uniform user experience
- A diverse coding portfolio that showcases live sites, back-end portals, and custom CMS adaptations
- Complete understanding of cross-browser capability, mobile first readiness, and security principles
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in related field: Computer Science, Technology, Software, etc.
Approximate Responsibility Breakdown
- 40% Original front-end development and coding
- 20% Live site maintenance
- 20% Collaborating with creative team
- 10% Planning/budgeting/scoping
- 10% Continued learning and education on security, trends, applications, etc.
- Effective communicator
- Relentless work ethic
- Highly-motivated and proactive self-starter
- Team first mentality
- Mentally tough
- No egos
The responsibilities are many, various, and not limited to those written in this document.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k)
- Life Insurance (Basic)
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Paid Time Off (Vacation, Sick & Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Beautiful offices and locations (Atlanta, Indianapolis, Colorado Springs, Traverse City, St. Simons Island)